SUGAR MOUNTAIN line-up news

sugar mountain
sugar mountain

{CAPTION}

BLOOD ORANGE – AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELLED

THE AVALANCHES JOIN THE BILL
+ SPANK ROCK (USA), HABITS (MELB) & YOUNG TAPZ (NZ)

With tremendous regret Frontier Touring, Sugar Mountain and I OH YOU wish to advise the cancellation of Blood Orange’s upcoming Melbourne and Sydney performances. Dev Hynes’ current tour commitments have been cancelled due to a family member’s ill health. Frontier Touring, Sugar Mountain and I OH YOU sincerely apologise to fans affected by this cancellation, and wish Dev and his family the best.

“I was looking forward to visiting Australia this year. Unfortunately due to personal and family matters, and after much consideration, I’ve decided to cancel these shows to spend time with my family. Sending love in the new year.”

With over 30 amazing international and domestic artists on the bill, Sugar Mountain organisers are disappointed but have quickly dialled the party right up! They’re pleased to announce not one but FOUR new additions to the line-up:

First up, Melbourne hometown heroes The Avalanches! ‘Frontier Psychiatrist’, ‘Frankie Sinatra’, ‘Since I Left You’, ‘Subways’… The Avalanches conquered the world back in 2000 with their seminal debut If I Were You, finally returning in 2016 with its hugely anticipated comeback, Wildflower. Before the band head over to Coachella in April and then NYC’s Governors Ball, they’re going give hometown fans a very special treat – their first appearance ever at Sugar Mountain, with a full live show that’s not to be missed.

Legendary Baltimore party starter (and Avalanches pal) Spank Rock – behind the ground-breaking YoYoYoYoYo – also joins the line-up. Naeem Juwan will take to the stage for a special DJ set, and with a new album coming in 2017 fans will be hoping for a preview… check his recent track with Sluggers, ’15 Hours’.

Born in Zimbabwe and based in Wellington, in 2016 21-year-old rapper Young Tapz saw a Ricky Reed remix of his ace track ‘KILLA’ premiered by Zane Lowe on Apple’s Beats 1, performed with local lads Hermitude at the ARIA Awards, and landed the same management contacts as the teams behind Empire of the Sun and Kanye West. Young Tapz is on the rise: read about him here.

Handpicked as an artist to watch in 2017 by Purple Sneakers, Melbourne leftfield duo HABITS (aka Mohini and Maia) are utterly captivating, creating intoxicating soundscapes like ‘Ether’ and ‘Gerger’. Following the release of their EP Cry Ugly in 2016, none other than the queen herself Peaches snapped them up for a support slot for her recent trek.

Set times for Sugar Mountain will be revealed real soon – stay tuned.

Blood Orange: Sydney headline show refunds

All fans who purchased ticket to Blood Orange’s headline show at the Enmore Theatre through the official ticketing agency, Ticketek, will receive a full refund.

Credit Card: Tickets purchased by credit card will be automatically refunded within the next seven days.

Cash & EFTPOS: Patrons that purchased by Cash/EFTPOS will be contacted with instructions on how to obtain their refund. Call the Enmore Theatre box office on 02 9550 3666 with any questions.

Refund information will also be posted here: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BLOODORA17

SUGAR MOUNTAIN 2017

SATURDAY 21 JANUARY
Melbourne | VCA (Victorian College of the Arts)   (18+)

Tickets on sale now via sugarmountainfestival.com
Festival tickets on sale now – head here

MUSIC

ALTA • The Avalanches – just announced! • Baba Stiltz (SWE)
Beppe Loda (ITA) • Big Scary • Black Cab • CC:DISCO! • Daydreams
Dro Carey • HABITS • Jaala • Jack River • Jessy Lanza (CAN)
Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith (USA) • Kelsey Lu (USA) • Kornel Kovacs (SWE)
KUCKA • Little Simz (UK) • Methyl Ethel • Mood II Swing (USA)
Moses Sumney (USA) • MY DISCO • Palms Trax (UK)
Pantha Du Prince (GER) • Rolling Blackouts C.F. • Slum Sociable
Spank Rock (USA) • Sui Zhen • Suzanne Ciani (USA) • The Belligerents
Tornado Wallace • Weyes Blood (USA) • Young Tapz (NZ)

ART

Caleb Shea • Elliott Routledge • Karan Singh (JPN / AUS)
March Studios • Myriam Bleau (CAN) • MOMO (USA)
Robyn Moody (CAN) x Caroline Polachek (USA)
Supergroup London – Morag Myerscough x Luke Morgan (UK)

EAT + DRINK

S U R V I V E (USA) x Daniel Arsham (USA) x Peter Gunn (IDES)
8bit • Kong BBQ • Lazerpig
My Miyagi • Pidapipo • Pretty Mama
Industry Beans • Sample Brew • The Top

• Oceania Luxury Travel Co Luxury Travel Australia FiveStarAsutralia.com Banner 728x90 1