Shelley Segal Newsletter – Happy Holidays/New Year

Shelley
Shelley

{CAPTION}

Hello Hello! Happy Holidays & New Year

It’s that time we mark on the Gregorian Calendar (introduced in 1582 by Pope Gregory XIII) where we come to the end to begin again 😀

I like traditions (when approached mindfully) and I like being part of renewing cycles. It reminds me that I can give myself a fresh start. 
It’s a framework in which I feel the time passing and it’s an opportunity to reflect and improve. And to write to you 😉

This year held some big changes for me. I moved countries – I am now living in the United States. It’s my last year of being in my 20’s (I’m holding on! Still a few months left :P). 

This was my first year without my beautiful grandmother. I miss her every day. 

I had a lot of hugs and a lot of love. Some great books. Some work-stress. A lot of goodbyes. I’m grateful for the constant in my life which is music. I’m grateful to have something to work on everyday and to improve on and I’m grateful for the people that it has connected me to. 

I’ll post some highlights from the year below.

I hope that you had some time to yourself this year and moments of joy and love. I’d love to hear from you and what you’ve been upto. 

Whatever this time of year means to you I wish you all the best and every success and happiness, lots of love, cuddles with puppies and good music!

Shelley xx

This June I performed at the 2nd Reason Rally on the National Mall in Washington DC. I was proud to stand up for secularism and so happy to see so many friends.
I toured the US and performed across 7 states with my beautiful partner Rob. Here we are at the Blue Bird Cafe in Nashville
Look out for next years NW conservation EP project with Marine biologist Dan Lombardo. Our first ever performance from the EP inspired some young people to start a Save the Whales Club
MAYA – I co-manage this incredible powerhouse artist who is gonna electrify the whole world. This year we released her first single
Sinners: Listen here
I joined the ‘Bring Back Our Motto’ Rally in Olympia outside the Washington State Capitol. A counter rally to Franklin Graham’s ‘Decision America Tour’ encouraging religion in politics.
Here we are in Sacramento for California Freethought Day
I thoroughly enjoyed volunteering as a summer camp cabin counsellor for Camp Quest NW. Songs around the nightly campfire were my favourite!
I recorded one of my favourite songs by Leonard Cohen a week before he died. Here is Dance Me To The End Of Love with my father – We’ve performed it together for 15 years 
NEW AND UNRELEASED MUSIC ON PATREON

This year I started my Patreon account! It’s a subscription service and a new way for fans to support artists they love. I’m really excited about it. For $1 per month you can get all of my solo back catalogue, unreleased songs, home recordings and all new releases!! Thanks to all my Patreon supporters so far. It’s been an awesome first 6 months and I’m just so grateful for your support. https://www.patreon.com/ShelleySegal

TOURING

For those who would like to get an alert when I’ll be playing in your town you can subscribe here on Bandsintown. I’ll be touring a lot next year! Jan and March in Australia, Feb, April, May in the US. UK in June -so I hope for the chance to see many of you in person!!!

NEW EP

This year I recorded my next studio project – a new EP with my band from Australia. I will be releasing it next year and in the video below is a sneak peek of the first single from a live show in San Diego

HOLIDAY TUNE

I’ve also made my annual holiday song/video which has become a bit of a tradition now and I hope you will enjoy. Filmed in my new LA home.Also included below.

Somebody Like You live in San Diego
Have Yourself A Merry Little Xmas – Cover of Judy Garland Version
BIG LOVE, SHELLEY xxxx

• Oceania Luxury Travel Co Luxury Travel Australia FiveStarAsutralia.com Banner 728x90 1