Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Michael Lillis yeringshirzvignier08_1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	3374

From my cellar, there is still some around in good wine stores but $$$! I have to admit I was expecting a big wine for some reason. What I got was a very refined wine full of spice and soft tannins.

The wine has been decanted for 2 hours.

Colour: Dark purple almost black crimson rim around the glass

Nose: Lots going on spice, dried fruit pepper and flowers the perfume is jumping from the glass.

Palate: The wine is all class, really its full flavour without being heavy. All the spice fruit and pepper on the nose have moved straight into the mouth and are coating the palate with fine grained tannins. The wine finishes long dry and spicy with black fruit lingering on for a long time after you swallow the last drop.

Conclusion: The wine really is all class its very well made and is among, if not the best Shiraz Viognier blend in Australia! Don't worry about the price because I dragged this out of the Cellar. At 7 years I think it may be at its best, although there is no rush to pull the cork at this stage.

Food: Quality aged cheddar and crackers that is all you need sometimes. Keep it simple this can be best donít let the food get in the way of a good bottle.

MAXI love my food and wine