Attachment 7613
$35.00

In a recent review on Ten Minutes by Tractor Pinot Noir
I made the statement that I could pick a Mornington Pinot from 10 paces simply by the nose.

WOW was I wrong!

I Just haven’t been drinking enough Pinot Noir from Main Ridge obviously.

Would never have picked this wine as anything less than French (Pinot smells of its area)
and this smelt of Burgundy and that’s not just blowing smoke up anyone’s chimney either.

There were floral pinot notes that I enjoy hints of cherry and a little pink musk (confectionary) that was quite deep and rounded.
The wine was delicate in the mouth, building power with a little time in the bottle.

The next day the wine was fantastic it was elegant with deep berry fruit showing through.

The palate was silky the tannins were non-existent just a fine line of acid running all the way through to the end finishing with dry red fruits.

Truly enjoyable Pinot (Not) from France but from Main Ridge just down the road at Mornington.

Do your self a favor and get some before the Pinot drinkers of Melbourne realize its so dam good.

I had this with pan-fried French andouille (spicy) sausage with onions and potatoes poached in chicken stock until tender topped with cracked black pepper and served with crusty French sourdough rolls.

PS - I will tell you about The Chardonnay next week, it's better than the Pinot!!!

Michael Lillis I love my food and wine and make a living from both