X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: blog on preparing tiff greens

dunnyRolls
    by Greg Dunn

Today I decided to run the wire brush over number 2 green, took a total of 18 catchers off, rolled the green a couple of times and running very well and great finish.
    Last edited by Mick Pacholli; 11 October 2011, 11:31 PM.

Comment

dunnyRolls
      by Greg Dunn

The greens have certainly greened up now and are almost too green, still not a heap of growth on the tiff but the wagga couch is going nuts.

The greens have been running 15-16 seconds without too much effort of rolling and some hand watering was required last week to ensure the greens got through till Sunday afternoon.

Today the greens were given a wetting agent as well as a addition of merit to control black beetle larvae and were watered in with 12mm of irrigation.
      Last edited by Mick Pacholli; 25 October 2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

dunnyRolls by Greg Dunn

Since the last entry, the greens have been wire brushed last week, and both greens scarified and cleaned up on Monday with the amount of grass removed equal to filling 2 5x7 trailers.

After the scarifying and cleaning up the greens were cut to remove any remaining loose grass. Then the rell and blade on the mower were replaced and the mower reset to the required height.

Currently greens are being cut 3 times a week and rolled daily even if not being played on.

Comment

dunnyRolls by Greg Dunn

Greens have certainly greened up since monday. The weather has been great for tiff, warm nights,warm days. I fertilised the greens on monday with a mixture of 4 different things and by lunch they were looking great. I will try to get a pics tomorrow if not raining.
          Last edited by Mick Pacholli; 9 November 2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Looking mighty fine mate, what are they running?

Comment

dunnyRolls by Greg Dunn

When weather is good they have been running at 16+, but as late not conducive to good pace due to humidity and rain; but will improve and get more consistent as weather does.
                Last edited by Mick Pacholli; 15 November 2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

dunnyRolls by Greg Dunn

Yesterday both greens were groomed and cleaned up, in total there was approx 6 wheelbarrows taken off each green. The colour is getting better as not as green as last week when pics were taken.
                  Last edited by Mick Pacholli; 15 November 2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

dunnyRolls
                    by Greg Dunn

It's been a interesting week on the greens at Cobram, the weather has once again cooled off, its now late November and in reality it should be hot and the tiff should be going nuts but I guess that's mother nature.

This week I fertilised both tiff greens, green 1 was fertilised with a slow release nitrogen based fert to get things moving as this green will be renovated next week, and green 2 was given a liquid feed to keep things ticking over and both got the results desired.

The greens were cut Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and I cut more grass off thursday then I did on Wednesday, the greens will be cut again tomorrow for pennant.

The renovation next week on number 1 green will involve double scarifying and mini-tyning the green, then adding soil amendments as needed and finally putting sand on and levelling the green. Hopefully the weather will improve and the green is only out of play for 3 weeks. Once back in play the number 2 green will undergo the same process.
                    Last edited by Mick Pacholli; 25 November 2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X