Click image for larger version

Name:	Michael Lillis Chateau Fort de Roquetaillaide.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	36525

Ch‚teau Fort de Roquetaillade
    White Graves 2012

$29.95

It was full of flavour, soft smooth with citrus notes. Along with apple in the background, it was well balanced, with fine acidity finishing long and cleansing leaving a fresh zippy mouth feel that was wonderful to say the leastÖ Much to my surprise it was a Sauvignon Blanc Ė Semillon blend.

And I donít much like Sem /Sav. Well not until you try the original, or real thing so to speak.

A French classic white wine blend. It is widely produced in France (most notably Bordeaux's Graves district), where both Sauvignon Banc and Semillon are well-established varieties, This versatile blend is typically made into crisp, dry table wines.

In Australia the blend is endowed with vibrant acidity and grassy aromas from the Sauvignon Blanc, and gets its structure and mouth feel from Semillon, the same grapes used but WOW not in the same league as this Frenchy although Margaret River puts out some good Sem/Savís along with every other grape variety known to man, or so it would seem!

At the end of the day for $29.95 I got a lot more drinking pleasure from this Graves than any Australian Sem/Sav in the same price range.

So donít be afraid to try something different even if itís the same?

MAX at WINEBINS
Working...
X