Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	34481

VALE - PALE ALE

Click image for larger version

Name:	Michael Lillis vale Pale Ale.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	34482

Read the back of the bottle; For maximum enjoyment. Roll before opening and serve in a large glass. (Roll the bottle not a smoke). Wow now there is someone that knows how to drink a beer! Any beer in fact, they will all taste better from a glass, like wine beer has an aroma too. Like wine part of that enjoyment is the aroma, and some of these craft beers have lifted the bar on beer drinking and enjoying the aroma and new flavours that different styles hops and barley have now brought to the table.

Now I have got that off chest letís taste this beer.

The first thing I thought as I poured the beer into a large wine glass was its cloud. (Yum, so was the first Pale Ale I fell in love with 25 years ago)

Nose: Perfumed honey toned hops with a little fruitiness thrown in for good Measure. I get a little citrus and a good dose of palate cleansing acid that leaves the palate crisp with hops and fruity notes lingering for some time.

Conclusion: When I said Craft Brewers have lifted the bar and brought something new to the table, I meant it! As a chef I would be happy match this beer with white fish cooked simply just pan fried with butter and served with game chips.

The range of craft beers being produced now are made with as much care and pride as winemakers take with their wines and now stand along side wine at the dinner table.

Vale - American Dark Lager

Click image for larger version

Name:	Michael Lillis American Lager.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	34483

Talk about ingredients: Pale Munich crystal and carafa roasted malt, dark malt and hops and lager yeast, Falconerís Flight hops. Where do you find a list of ingredients like that on the larger commercial beers?

Answer: You donít!

Colour: Dark brown almost black with ruby hints with a thick white head tops the glass.

Nose: Coffee and chocolate a little orange peal coming through.

Palate: God I love dark beers they have so much flavour there is pinecone, citrus with a good malt flavour a smooth bitter crisp mouth cleansing finish.

Conclusion: Once again what can you say there are people out there pushing the boundary in craft beer and thank God. We are now spoilt for choice, Beer has never so good.
    Attached Files
Working...
X