Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun is shining, music is playing, it must be Sunday arvo

A normal sunday arvo at Claypots in St Kilda, Melbourne

The sun is shining and there is still an entire sunday afternoon ahead of you. So you ask where should i go, what should i do on this fine autumn sunday afternoon? It shouldn’t be wasted, it should be filled with art and music and all those type of good things.
    Well that’s exactly what i thought you’d ask so here we go, here’s a little taste of what you could be up to.
    Depending on your musical tastes and musical journey, many of you may not be aware that one of the absolute legends of music and a world famous musician attributed with being one of the major players in the developing of the Motown sound, left our community this week for that great grandstand in the sky and all that jazz.
    From 3.30 this afternoon his friends will be celebrating life of Gil Askey at Claypots on Barkly St, St Kilda. So drop in and where ever you are today raise a glass to one of musics greatest.
    From international legends we go now to the next generation of talent with the Battle of the Bands at The Espy.  Go along and support a bunch of young hopefuls as they take to the stage with their songs and their sound.
    You can also catch all your favourite Espy regulars, Dale Ryder Band, Gary Eastwood Express and DJ Roc Landers
    Pure Pop Records, St Kilda – I, A Man Cd launch at 5pm Stu Thomas at 6pm
    Lyrebird Lounge, Ripponlea – The Falling Standards and Waco Social Club from 7pm
    Elwood Lounge, Elwood – Sarah Rezek from 6pm
    Dogs Bar, St Kilda – Blues Express from 9pm
    GH Hotel, St Kilda – Elwood Blues Club featuring Rebecca Davey with the EBC Allstars from 5pm
    There’s also live shows on at Pause Bar – Balaclava, Iddy Biddy Bar – St Kilda, Republica – St Kilda and more.
    You know as i write this post i think, so many sundays i could have popped down the street to hear Gil askey and Friends play live and i was busy or put it off and now that opportunity is lost.
    So let me leave you with this one thought which is so relevant to our live music and arts communities, always. do not put off what you can do today because tomorrow it may not be there. Do not take for granted what we have around us, because that is how we will find ourselves waking up one day to it gone.
    Now get out there dammit, there’s music playing!

More...
Working...
X