PDA

View Full Version : The 12 Wines of Christmas

Michael Lillis
28th November 2012, 12:06 PM
*My Christmas wish Wine List for 2012 and beyond*

Twelve wines that I think you should have a crack at over the Christmas period.

Most will not break the bank, some will need a credit card but thats what its all about, How ever untilyou will need to try these wines because they are all good,

And coming in at number one on the list is…

Brothers In Arms Shiraz 2006

Langhorne Creek

WOW I had forgotten how good Shiraz could get from this place!

I have tried 3 bottles so far and this last one has been quite big the concentration of fruit was a surprise; the other two had been good but this bottle is wonderful.

Nose: This wine has been decanted three hours now and from when I first smelt the wine until now.

The wine has begun to opening up showing all sorts of things. It is hard to describe the smell of this wine because it has just changed from dusty plumb to the faint whiff of mint in a blink of an eye.

WOW: this stuff is good it just washes down, I mean it just washes down there is no stopping along the way. The palate is tingling with the finest powdery tannins that you have yet to taste, so soft that you all most over look the bitter chocolate finish coating the roof of your mouth and tickling your fancy until you just smile.

Conclusion: This wine is a stunner; It’s a GOOD WINE! A ripper in fact!

....and it has impressed me so much for a wine that sells just under $40.00

You will be the winner if you tuck a dozen or two away and start drinking them from around 2017 I think you will be just as happy as me.

Very happy why? Because this wine

Punches well above it price tag…

Michael Lillis I love my food and wine