PDA

View Full Version : Jr JONES 2011 Pinot Noir

Michael Lillis
9th November 2012, 01:53 PM

Mornington Peninsula

I need to state that the wine has been decentered for several hours now and is just starting to offer ripe dark cherries, warm spices with a hint of forest undergrowth and grape stem up lifted with a sweetish warm earthy nose that you can get in Mornington -Peninsula Pinot.

This Pinot is quite dark in colour, if you swirl the wine around in the glass you can see the all most brick red colour of the grape.

I found the wine quit light and youthful in the mouth at first but after a while it builds showing concentrated flavours of sour cherry flesh with cleansing velvety tannins that coat the palate.

Conclusion: I love Pinot Noir for all its different personalities the smell, the colour, the spectrum of flavours this wine has to offer the drinker more than any other grape verity is wonderful.

All though you can drink this wine by it self I would prefer this wine with food to show its best side.
This wine has the acid to sit with an Italian dish of slow cooked pork and lamb sausages braised in red wine
served on a bed of melt in the mouth polenta dotted with bacon and pan fried baby onions.

Michael Lillis I love my food and wine