PDA

View Full Version : Elderton Neil Ashmead GTS 2008

Michael Lillis
29th September 2012, 02:48 AM
Elderton Neil Ashmead GTS

http://www.tooraktimes.com.au/images/imported/2012/09/92.jpg

$56.99

Colour: Dark purple all most a cabernet purple hue.

Nose: Wow purple flowers, lavender white pepper with layers of black pepper mixed with red berries and blueberries with damp dark brown soil.

Palate: Wow itís hard to explain the wine is big and powerful full flavored with complex layers of fruit its so rich and deep yet you donít have to think about the wine just happens in the glass, you just have to sip it and let it happen. Unfold and linger in your mouth long after the bottle is empty.

Conclusion: This wine is all finesse it is quite a big wine yet oak is not a big flavour component of the wine, its all quality fruit a stand out vintage and talented winemakers. The wine drinks well now with a little breathing but at 4 years old it is still a pup.

Food: I had this wine with wood fired goat and roast herbed vegetables its not hard just cook like any other roast. Serve with warm crusty bread and fresh-shelled peas. The peas cost a bit more but wow they do taste good.

Cooking tip: Baste the goat every 10 min with pan juices as the goat can get a little dry.

MAX I love my food and wine