PDA

View Full Version : Velvet glove 2010 Shiraz

Michael Lillis
12th August 2012, 06:41 AM
Velvet glove 2010 Shiraz

$180.00

I am tasting the last half from a bottle that has been open for 2 days:

So what I am taste now is a wine that has evolved well beyond where you last tasted it.

Nose: The wine is so open now (by that I mean the flavours are just flowing up from the glass and filling the nostrils and I mean flavours) and so cold, a little spice from the oak wafting up along with cool ripe plumbs and red fruit, coffee soil you name it...

Its all in this glass.

Yes the nose is addictive, I would be happy to just smell this wine for ever, it offers dark blood plums that fill the nostrils with a spice so subtle along with black coffee and mushroom.

Palate: Forget it...just smell the wine, stick your nose right into the glass, liquorice has made an appearance! this wine has a perfume that unfold in waves of moist purple fruits and spice that I am enjoying so much.
When you do get to taste the wine every flavour you have smelt now fills the mouth with spice and soft tannins lingering for ever entwined with cool plum, as if you were biting into the dusty fruit it self.

Conclusion: The wine is worth every cent and it delivers in spades. This wine is complex and has a seamless finish that is sedative to say the least! This wine punches well above its price tag.

In the rack at IGA St Kilda - Tasted Fri 10/08/12

Michael Lillis
I love my food and my wine and make a living from both
Chef / retail wine sales