PDA

View Full Version : Ten Minutes by Tractor

Michael Lillis
15th April 2013, 03:46 PM
Pinot Noir 2011
Mornington Peninsula

The nose gave it away; there is some thing unmistakable about Pinot from the Mornington Peninsula (also I saw the bottle that helps)

All jokes aside drink enough wine from anywhere and you soon start to see things that you like or hate making it easy to pick some areas.

1995 through to 1997 my friend Dickey and I would head off to the Peninsula every second weekend to taste and stock up on Pinot.

The result being I can usually pick a Mornington Pinot from 20 paces.

The first thing I loved was the colour quite light and soft this is what I look for in a Pinot Noir, the reason being the lighter the pinot the more power and flavour it will have.

On the nose savoury notes of plum that followed through to the palate. Good fruit acid flowed across the palate supported by fine soft tannins.

The wine was quite light in the mouth and built power as it opened up, every thing is in place here for this wine to improve with a little bottle age.

Conclusion: The wine is light in the mouth as a Pinot should be and builds in the glass.

I enjoyed this wine with char grilled lamb cutlets and lentils of all things, but the earthiness of the lentils worked well with the Pinot.
Michael Lillis I Love my food and wine