PDA

View Full Version : Mountford of Pemberton WA

Michael Lillis
4th April 2013, 04:22 PM
Sauvignon Blanc

I would like to make it clear Sauvignon Blanc is not my preferred grape variety in fact I hate the stuff.

So when I get to taste one that is soft light on acid round in the mouth and a pleasure to drink.

I want to shout it from the roof tops, well thatís a bit over the top but it does not happen very often, I like the odd Sancerre but you are getting up in price there so for $50.00 a bottle. I expect to be impressed, this Sav/Blanc is 1/3 the price of that and I was impressed a Sav/Blanc I could drink more than 2 glasses, this is a first.

This wine has a delicate fruit character that hints toward Sav/Blanc with out all that over blown in your face green grass, pine apple and gooseberries crap.

The Nose: offered light herbs, stone fruit, soft acid good dry fruit character, all up a well-balanced wine.

In the Mouth: you find yourself looking for the big mouth full of over the top fruit punch but it does not happen this wine is sublime its dry yet packed with clean round fruit that lingers a little then begs you to have another glass. (Remember this is Sav/Blanc I am talking about)

PS: Did I mention this wine is certified organic? Organic wines have come a long way in the last 10 years a little more vine age has helped and wine makers that understand that nature dose most of the work.

Conclusion: I have started to taste more and more organic wine over the last two years and have found the flavors to be so clean and pure.

There is so much good wine out there now days organic or not in all price points its easy to find some thing you will love, just don't be afraid to try some thing new and listen to your wine retailer he or she should know what they are on about...and they will always point you to wards a good bottle of wine thats why we are there.

Michael Lillis
I love my food and wine
And make a living from both